You know the feeling. Stuffy or runny nose, watery eyes, dry cough headache, fatigue. You have a love/hate relationship with spring-summer-fall. We love the sunshine, warm weather and outdoor activities that spring-summer and fall bring us but with that comes the dreaded effects of pollen.
Essential Oils have been used for centuries to combat seasonal allergies with great success.
The following is a list of essential oils that when combined in specific blends, offer enormous relief:
- Chamomile- Known for its calming effect can dramatically reduce anxiety and irritability. It is widely known to sooth and reduce inflammation. It has also been used to relieve pain. Used for dry skin, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and is excellent to relieve irritated nasal passageways. find it here
- LemonBalm/Melissa- Also calms the body and is great for the respiratory tract and skin irritation such as skin allergies, cold sores, bites etc. find it here
- Bergamot-Excellent for any skin type allergy. It is a powerful antiseptic. Offers a relaxing and sedative state. find it here
- Lavender-Is one of my favorite EO. It is one of the best calming essentials. Calms skin, mind, heart and our nervous system. Helps the body defend against stressful situations and environmental factors that lessens our immune system. find it here
- Peppermint-Praise the peppermint! Another favorite of mine. I typically keep it at my desk all day. It is amazingly uplifting and prevents that afternoon fatigue. Peppermint is my go-to for headaches. find it here
- Helichrysum-also helpful for any skin condition as it reduces inflammation and has the ability to battle infection and microbial infections. Excellent to clear mucus from the sinus or respiratory tract. find it here
- Eucalyptus-Can’t live without this oil when cold or flu season approaches and is the absolute best for seasonal allergies as well. Anti-inflammatory it is used to relieve throat infections, sinus infections, cold & flu symptoms. Perfect for hay fever, sneezing or coughing. find it here
Hay Fever or General Allergy Blend
To use as a massage oil to apply on your chest, back, and soles of the feet use a 5 ml dropper bottle and add Sweet Almond Oil close to the top then add 8 to 10 drops of the Allergy Blend above.
To use in a diffuser simply add 15 drops to your water.
A GREAT decongestant and to be used in steam inhalation is the following:
I hope this offers some relief this season!