I LOVE this serum and have been using it for close to a year now with amazing results. I have spent thousands of dollars throughout the years on every face cream and serum imaginable. Some of those products did produce results however I was never entirely sure of their safety and long term effects. Most of them worked initially then fell flat after a month or two.
After researching the benefits of numerous essential oils I decided to arm myself with the ingredients and DIY. You can add or substitute any other EO’s into this serum recipe.
- Jojoba oil resembles that of your own skin sebum and as a result makes it the number one carrier oil used for all skin types. It has incredible skin-softening properties, and can minimize fine lines and wrinkles. It can promote skin suppleness and assist with the rejuvenation of skin. Jojoba oil helps to break down sebum in clogged pores.
- Sweet Almond oil is jammed packed with Vitamins D, E, B1, B2, B6, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Sweet Almond oil is perfect to fight wrinkles and has the added benefit of firming up the skin. It LOVES to re-hydrate ski, renew skin cells and revs up that circulation. Excellent choice in carrier oils to truly reverse the signs of aging.
- Cypress oil is anti-bacterial, anti-septic and offers astringent properties which makes it a prime addition to acne serums. Due to the circulatory benefits, cypress essential oil can awaken dull complexions, regulate blood flow, and has an overall toning effect on the skin.
- Frankincense oil my absolute favorite of all oils. Frankincense essential oil is a powerful astringent, meaning it helps protect skin cells. It can be used to help reduce acne blemishes, the appearance of large pores, prevent wrinkles, and it even helps lift and tighten skin to naturally slow signs of aging. I love it in my serums but also use it abundantly in my house by diffusing and inhaling. GREAT for relaxation.
- Carrot Seed oil – This little treasure is extremely high in antioxidants which makes it a perfect compliment into an anti-aging serum. Carrot Seed oil also has moisturizing vitamin E and protective vitamin C, which work together and brings new life to skin. Great for helping with sensitive skin too. If you have dry or oily skin, you don’t have to fret because like many natural oils, carrot seed oil has the ability to balance both! It gives skin just enough moisture without clogging pores. Which makes it perfect for all skin types.
- Geranium oil used by the Egyptians for radiant skin, this essential oil is a wrinkle reducer and because geranium oil is an astringent, it induces contractions in several parts of the body. It has the power to minimize the look of wrinkles because it tightens facial skin and slows down the effects of aging. It is very healing and will even out the overall tone of your skin.
And if you find a winning recipe be sure to share in the comment section!
Imagine Anti-Aging Serum
- 2 Tbs Jojoba oil -you can find it here
- 2 Tbs Sweet Almond oil-you can find it here
- 5 drops of Cypress essential oil-you can find it here
- 10 drops of Carrot Seed essential oil-you can find it here
- 10 drops of Geranium essential oil-you can find it here
- 5 drops of Frankincense essential oil-you can find it here
You will need a 2 oz amber or blue dropper bottle.
Combine all ingredients and shake well. Can be used both morning and evening. Shake before each use and store in a dry area away from sunlight.
WARNING: a little goes a long way so only apply a small drop or two onto your fingertips then apply liberally over your face and neck in upward strokes.
As with all oils it is best to see how your skin adapts to the concentration. If you find you are breaking out then only apply once per day. I do not break out and my skin looks pretty darn amazing. You will notice your pores appear smaller immediately.
I am confident you will LOVE this recipe!