I’ve been on a roll (pardon the pun) to utilize roller balls for various recipes. I love the ease of use, convenience and cost.
I purchased clear 10 ml roller balls bottles to use for lip gloss and I purchased blue 10 ml bottles to use for essential oil blends. Whenever you are using essential oils you will want to store them in either blue or amber bottling as to preserve from any light exposure.
I can usually count on one wham of a headache every couple of months. Typically stress induced. I would say they are migraine in nature as I am extremely light sensitive and become very sick to my stomach. A dark room, cold compress and aspirin for 24 hours did the trick.
I still require a dark room, cold compress and aspirin however I have added my beloved essential oils and have now reduced my time in the “headache chamber” from 24 hours to a mere couple of hours.
If you are sensitive to smell or if certain smells trigger your headaches then this might not be for you.
- 10 ml roller ball
- enough fractionated coconut oil, or sweet almond oil, or olive oil (your choice but I prefer fractionated coconut oil)to fill the bottle
- 10 drops of peppermint oil – you can find it here
- 7 drops of lavender oil- find it here
- 4 drops of Frankincense oil- find it here
- if you have magnesium oil you can add a bit of that as well. I would use 1 part magnesium oil to 2 parts any of the carrier oils I listed above.
Add your essential oils into the bottle first then add your carrier oils of choice. Shake well and shake before each use.
I use this on my temples, shoulders, back of my neck and bottoms of my feet. Always consult a doctor before trying anything transdermal.
Lavender is excellent for a calming and soothing effect. Peppermint is my favorite and I love it for any type of muscle pain. It is cooling and offers me immediate pain relief when mixed with a carrier oil to the affected area. Frankincense is my absolute go to oil for stress and help with sleep. It is also a strong anti inflammatory.